Board :Story Contest
Author :Archon Iyagi
Subject :1st Place by UPAPI
Date :2/4
The balance of the universe is a delicate thing, as I have come to learn in my many years of wandering the earth. It is a force that is both mysterious and all-encompassing, a dance between light and darkness, order and chaos.

I have seen the majesty of the mountains, and the depths of the oceans. I have stood before the raging fires of a volcano, and felt the chill of the Arctic winds. And through all of it, I have sensed the presence of the balance, guiding and shaping the world around me.

It was on a journey through the Far East that I first encountered the teachings of the Tao Te Ching. The words of Lao Tzu, the ancient sage, spoke to me in a way that nothing else had before. He spoke of the balance of the universe, and how we must strive to live in harmony with it, rather than trying to control or dominate it.

I spent many months wandering the mountains and the valleys, studying the teachings of the Tao and learning from the wise men and women who still follow its path. And as I walked, I began to see the world in a new light.

I saw how the rivers flowed, carving their way through the land, carving out the valleys and hills. I saw how the seasons changed, bringing new life in the spring and taking it away in the fall. And I saw how the animals and plants all lived together in a delicate balance, each dependent on the others for survival.

I also came to understand the balance of power in human society. The powerful and the weak, the rich and the poor, all living together in a delicate balance. And I saw how those who sought to upset this balance, to take more than their fair share, always came to a bad end.

Through my travels, I also learned that the balance of the universe is not something that can be grasped or held on to, it is something that must be felt and experienced. It is a state of being, not a destination to be reached.

As I grew older, I found myself returning to the teachings of the Tao Te Ching again and again. Its words became a compass for my life, guiding me through the ups and downs and helping me to stay true to the balance of the universe.

I have come to believe that the balance of the universe is not something that can be understood with our minds, but only with our hearts. It is a feeling, a sense of connection with all that is. And as I continue on my journey, I will always strive to live in harmony with the balance, to let it guide and shape my path.

So, I urge you all to look to the balance of the universe, to open your hearts and let it guide you. And remember, as Lao Tzu said, "Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished." Let us all strive to live in harmony with the balance, and all will be well.

UPAPI